Uncle Chico Question # 18
Coronavirus versus the miscegenation virus !!!
What do you prefer ?
Which phenotype of Fila Brasileiro should be considered as the True PURE Fila phenotype?
The Second Great Miscegenation against the Fila Brasileiro !!!
My dear Fila Brasileiro (FB) and CAFIB friends,
Extremely dismayed by the critical moment that not only Brazil but also the world is going through, in view of the rapid spread of the coronavirus and, even being forced to work at home, I ended up spontaneously making an analogy to another virus that has attacked for almost 50 years our dear Fila Brasileiro: the miscegenation virus. This virus that attacks the FB so much was disguised itself and fantasized in the past as Fila Terceirense (= miscegenation of the FB with Old English Mastiff) and Dogue de Force Rare(= miscegenation of the FB with Black Great Dane = “black-fila”), this is the origin of the Freak-Fila and the Black-Fila but today it presents itself to us as adisguised aboriginal, autochthonous and native dog.
So, I remembered that on Aug, 3rd.-2009, that is, 11 years ago, Uncle Chico released an article entitled “What do you prefer ?” This article was hugely successful, as it helped a lot for the breeders of FB and “mestizo-fila”, especially those of CBKC-FCI, to expand and modify their understanding of the true visual standard and correct phenotype of the Fila Brasileiro of ever. That is, from the True Fila that we inherited from Mother Nature and the old and first breeders in the South of Minas Gerais, as is the case of the FB called Lord in the two photos below. This article only substantiated with photos what CAFIB and its Breeding Philosophy had been teaching and practicing since its founding in 1978.
This article published educationally, responsibly and free of charge – as is all the work developed by Uncle Chico since January 1974 – shows photos of Pure Filas with their characteristic and homogeneous phenotype and the diverse phenotype of “mestizo-filas” that can be seen in this text in written in English by clicking on http://www.filabrasileirochicopeltier.com.br/fila-brasileiro/index.html
This article has almost 80 photos of Pure Filas and “mestizos- filas” that clearly expose the phenotype of the Pure Fila versus the diverse heterogeneous phenotypes of “mestizos- filas”, “freak-fila” and “black-fila”.
I recommend that after you click on the link above and study in depth, read and watch carefully this brief visual demonstration below:
- Below is an example of one of the first known copies of Fila Brasileiro: photos of the Fila called Lord, breed by the pioneer Mr. José Gomes, from the city of Varginha, in the south of Minas Gerias:
- Below are several examples of “filas” of CBKC-FCI, with several types totally heterogeneous and with phenotypes very similar to the “freak-fila” resulting in my judgment of the First Great Miscegenation against the Fila Brasileiro that started in the 70s and unfortunately still lasts until today. Note that the first 8 photos where taken on CBKC-FCI`s Expos:
- Below are examples of “modern-filas”, with a very heterogeneous type and with a phenotype very similar to that of “mongrel” and “mutts” dogs, resulting in my judgment of the current Second Great Miscegenation against the Fila Brasileiro:
- Below are some examples of CAFIB Pure Fila, with homogeneous phenotype, the result of selection and strict genealogical control, resulting from 42 years of work in the rescue and preservation of Pure Fila carried out by the founders, directors, judges, members and breeders of CAFIB:
- Finally, below are examples of dogs that were DISAPPROVED in several Analyses of Phenotype and Temperament (APT) carried out in the first years of CAFIB, under the guidance and judgment of Dr. Paulo Santos Cruz himself and with the participation of the first CAFIB judges, among them, Airton Campbell, Américo Cardoso, Luiz Antonio Maciel, Roberto Maruyama, Luciano Gavião, Pedro Borotti and José Gonçalvez Franco. These dogs were DISAPPROVED for atypicality, that is, because they do not meet the Pure CAFIB Fila Standard developed by Dr. Paulo in 1979 together with the founders of this club. See how these DISAPPROVED dogs resemble the “modern–fila” and millions of mutt and mongrels dogs, resulting, as I see it, from the Second Great Miscegenation against the Fila Brasileiro:
I n conclusion:
(i) – In other words, to our surprise and sadness, more than four decades after a very serious work carried out by CAFIB, which resulted in the rescue and selection of Pure Fila, which is recognized as a world reference in cynophilia, dogs with heterogeneous phenotype, but similar to the ones above that were DISAPPROVED, which resemble some simple mongrels and mutts dogs that populate the entire Planet Earth, and that self-centered and commercially try to pass as if Pure Fila were; disparaging, trying to rewrite and deconstruct the True History of the Fila Brasileiro.
(ii) – Thank God, no old or traditional FB breeder believes in this new irresponsible, self-centered and crazy thesis.
(iii) – Even so, I am afraid that, in view of the existence of so many neophytes and functional illiterates who are unaware of this History, exactly as occurred with the First Great Miscegenation against the Fila Brasileiro, the current miscegenation will bring deep scars and permanent sequelae once again to our belove FB.
(iv) – For this reason I ask: What do you prefer ? Which phenotype of Fila Brasileiro bellow should be considered as that of the True PURE-Fila ?
The “fila”-CBKC-FCI ? The “modern fila” ? The PURE CAFIB-Fila?
After all, what do you prefer?
In the photos above, the homogeneity found in the phenotype of PURE CAFIB Fila or the heterogeneity found in the phenotype of the “fila” from CBKC-FCI and from the modern-“fila ” ?
Do you prefer the Pure-CAFIB Fila or the phenotypes of CBKC-FCI’s “freak-fila” or the mongrel light-bodied, thin-headed, triangular-headed dog from a dog that does not belong to the Molossoid family?
(v) – I hope that the current Second Great Miscegenation will stop immediately so as not to repeat mistakes similar to those caused by the First Great Miscegenation against the Fila Brasileiro !
Wishing and praying that Brazil and the entire world will be able to overcome the coronavirus as soon as possible, respecting the restrictions and protocols that apply to all of us and, finally, that our Fila Brasileiro will overcome this new and disguised miscegenation virus.
Best Regards, Chico Peltier