Uncle Chico Newsletter # 265
Still awaiting response on pedigree issuance to the OFB from Mr. Osmir de Moraes Bastos, SOBRACI president.
More photos of phenotypes very similar to the dog today nicknamed OFB, but that always existed throughout Planet Earth, being known – in my opinion – affectionate and worldwide as “mutt” and whose phenotypes have always been Disapproved by Dr. Paulo Santos Cruz himself and by the CAFIB judges in numerous of our APTs. (*)
(*) Analyses of Phenotype and Temperament
Note: This email, as well as previous ones about SOBRACI’s participation as a pedigree issuer, was first emailed to SOBRACI, Word Kennel Union (WKU – based in Ukraine, to the Federation Mercosur Dog (FECAM) and Argentine Dog Association (ACA). Soon after it was sent to CBKC + FCI.
My dear Fila Brasileiro (FB) and CAFIB friends,
A – In view of the insistent questions received from my readers if SOBRACI answered my article Uncle Chico Informa # 263 (read in English
https://filabrasileirochicopeltierblog.wordpress.com/2019/10/04/post-681-uncle-chico-newsletter-263-awaiting-clarification-from-sobraci-if-this-brazilian-dog-notary-registry-club-has-already-issued-or-intends-to-issue-pedigrees-of-ofb-for-puppies-bor/ ) dated Sep, 30th-2019 and the article written by Quinzinho (read in English https://filabrasileirochicopeltierblog.wordpress.com/2019/10/06/post-682-uncle-chico-newsletter-265-another-exceptional-article-signed-by-breeder-and-writer-joaquim-quinzinho-liberato-barroso-showing-the-incongruities-existing-in-the-fragile-respon/ ) dated Oct, 1st.-2019 1/10/19, both asking among other questions whether SOBRACI has actually issued or intends to issue pedigrees of purebred dogs for crossbred dogs coming from the crossbreeding of two different breeds / types, i.e., from FB with OFB, I inform you that so far the president of this entity, Mr. Osmir de Moraes Bastos has not answered us yet. I remember that these last articles have been emailed directly for us not only to SOBRACI but also to its partners WKU, FECAM and ACA.
As is well known, issuing and selling purebred dog pedigree to a mongrel or mutt dog is a crime provided by law in Article 299 of the Brazilian Penal Code and is called Ideological Falsehood.
Let us wait a little longer for this response from Mr. Osmir de Moraes Bastos or his WKU controller, as our emails are also sent in English to this Ukrainian canine registry office.
B – Although a few people still insist on crossing two distinct breeds what I consider and fear is the second great miscegenation against the FB, that is, OFB, as shown in the recent Facebook post below:
I comment that dozens of dogs similar to the one pictured above have ALWAYS been disapproved by Dr. Paulo Santos Cruz himself and the CAFIB judges in our numerous AFTs.
See how the dog above remembers (and is?) a nice mutt found all over Planet Earth…
So, those who make creative, mind-boggling and extremely confusing theses that most closely resemble Procopio do Vale‘s illogical-logic (the breeder from Minas Gerais known as the Father of the “Black Fila”) and who try to justify themselves by desperately mentioning and appealing to:
– the lie that Dr. Paulo appreciated the phenotype of the above type, since he Disapproved it in our APT;
– the Molossus of thousands of years ago found in Molossia and the Assyrian / Phoenician Empire thousands of years BC;
– such an Iberian dog that no one knows what it is about, the time of Brazil Colony (1600) AD;
– the total lack of evidence of the arrival of these dogs and any other dog breed to Brazil in colonial times and that they would have been transported in caravels;
– the comic, or rather tragicomic, invention of such a Brazilian aboriginal dog;
– the support received from professional dog trainers and Bandog breeders, which has nothing to do with the breeding of FB;
– and worse, clinging to Dr. Paulo’s memory as if he approved of the phenotype of the post above that most closely resembles any mutt …
This new thesis of a new dog type – at the most in a very experimental stage, but which is publicized and sold as if it had been realized, tested and finished and – worse: misusing the name of Fila Brasileiro – cannot even be considered, In my opinion, serious. Especially when it is realized that the FB has not yet recovered from the crossbreeding and similar experiences of the OFB, carried out in the 70’s and 80’s, having seen the existence outside of CAFIB and Unifila of so many dogs called “mestizos”, “freak-fila” and “black-fila”.
So, see below more pictures of mestizos, mutts, mongrels, non typical and out of the CAFIB Standard dogs that were Reproved into the CAFIB Analyses of Phenotype and Temperament by Dr. Paulo himself and ALL CAFIB judges like Airton Campbell, Américo Cardoso, Pedro Borotti, Luciano Gavião, José Gonçalves Franco, among many others.
Isn’t it really amazing the similarity of the Reproved phenotypes in the photos above with the OFB dog?
So I ask you, do you want the True Fila Brasileiro squad, from the original, traditional and authentic Fila Brasileiro of ever to go back to this “thing”?
- The photos above belong to the CAFIB collection and were provided to me by Airton Campbell as I was organizing the launch of my website.(http://www.filabrasileirochicopeltier.com.br/ ) in 2008.
- PS: about Uncle Chico Informa nº 263 the posted photos of the dog named Lord, breed by Zé Gomes, precursor in the FB breeding, were taken by Luiz Antonio Maciel. He is the lesser-known founder of CAFIB, but one of the most important directors CAFIB has ever had. Just as Dr. Paulo Santos Cruz organized the FB as Pure Breed Dog and disseminated it to the world; Maciel was the first CAFIB Secretary and he was the one who set up, managed and embodied CAFIB as a club. In addition, he initiated the series of complaints about the FB crossbreeding and miscegenation that were made by CAFIB to the former BKC and then to CBKC and it was he who managed our dealings with the Brazilian Ministry of Agriculture who ended up recognizing CAFIB and authorizing our club to issue pedigrees, for at that time this was an exclusive prerogative of the BKC-CBKC. But Maciel did more: he was the creator and editor of the famous newspaper O FILA do CAFIB !!! Thank you my dear friend Maciel !!!
Finally, I comment that the inventor of OFB in his writings proves and conclude nothing. He only prefers to develop, especially for the functional illiterate, an illogical-logic, very similar to that used by Procopio do Vale (known as the “Father of the black-fila”) that with his crossbreeding implemented from his Canil Kirimauá
Based in the city of Juiz de Fora, Minas Gerais, from the second half of the 1970s onwards did so much harm to the FB by inventing in much the same way the theory that attempted to justify the so-called “black-fila”). See in English in http://www.filabrasileirochicopeltier.com.br/22-fila-brasileiro-3ENG.html
The OFB inventor shoots unceremoniously everywhere, proves nothing at all, and quickly goes through many centuries of dog existence on planet Earth when he cites superficially and randomly a shuffling of dog breeds and very distant geographical regions outside the real time line of the planet. Time involving: the regions of Europe, the Middle East, Africa, the Mediterranean, passing through the Phoenicians and Assyrians and shepherd dogs, cattle dogs and even the Tibetan Mastiff … And this daydream goes “right there” from 3,000 BC to 1,500 BC … And it also passes by the curious Brazilian Aboriginal dog (???!!!) , whatever it is !!! Obviously, to invent this nonsense mix up and shuffling – which I might call a mix of fake-facts – just click on Google and browse the web alone …
But of course, putting all this fantasy and chimera into a mental blender comes where ??? Of course, you get to the OFB .. lol,lol… Ahhh … So everything is explained now…
Too bad the OFB inventor still refuses to answer the simple questions Quinzinho and I asked him – and forwarded them to his personal email – since November last year.
Best regards, Chico Peltier.