OFB is slender, light and has a triangular head !!!
My article below was inspired by a lucid email received from the Fila fan Cristiano Gherardi
My dears CAFIB and Fila Brasileiro (FB) friends,
Since the mentor of the OFB has not yet answered the 10 simple questions I asked about the newest thesis of a new canine type called OFB (*), which I sent directly to his own e-mail and then I disclosed and posted on my blog to my readers, as he did not comment also on the intelligent considerations made by Joaquim Liberato Barroso (Quinzinho), former president and former judge of Anfibra, against the existence of “isolated Filas” or “aboriginal Filas” as the OFB mentor preaches, I would like to comment that:
1. Everyone who has studied a little about the True History of the Fila Brasileiro knows that due to the overwhelming miscegenation begun in the 70’s, but unfortunately still remains, with the complacency and institutional complicity of the CBKC-FCI, the founders of CAFIB, Dr. Paulo Santos Cruz, Rosely and Airton Campbell, Cleide and Américo Cardoso, Luiz Antonio Maciel, Marilia and Roberto Maruyana, Antonio Silva Lima, Jonas Iacovantuono, Sebastião Monteiro, Jose Souto Maior Borges and Luciano Gavião, Pedro Borotti and Uncle Chico in the the end of the 70’s and in the 80’s, they made many visits and expeditions to the interior of Brazil “sifting” Typical Filas from the Northeast to the South of our country, and especially in our beloved Minas Gerais, birthplace of Fila Brasileiro. It was these Typical Filas that helped in the formation of the CAFIB squad.
Thus, many were the Typical Filas brought by the founders and first breeders of CAFIB to their homes and farms in order to improve their breeding. Exemplify with the photos below dating from the late 1970s that are part of the CAFIB collection (note: the part that fortunately was not stolen by another club that has already dissolved or faces serious crisis and without leaders) and was sent to me by Airton Campbell:
So I ask you: is the CAFIB Fila identical to the Typical Filas that lived in the South of Minas Gerais in the 70’s and 80’s?
2. On the other hand the covers of the first book of the mentor of OFB present as an example of Pure Fila the following copies:
Then I ask you: are these two copies above that were chosen by the OFB mentor to exemplify the Pure Fila of his breeding are identical to the CAFIB Fila or the OFB?
3. Here are some pictures of dogs representing the new thesis of the new canine type called OFB.
I ask you then: these copies below chosen by the OFB mentor are identical to the Typical Filas that lived in the South of Minas Gerais in the 70s and 80s as he has been trying to induce the Filas fan or are identical to the reproved dogs (*) in the Analysis of Phenotype and Temperament (APT) at the beginning of CAFIB by its founders and first judges, including by Dr. Paulo Santos Cruz himself, so quoted, referenced and falsely plagiarized by the mentor of OFB ??
Here are some examples of the new thesis of the new canine type called OFB:
Note: OFB is slender, light and has a triangular head !!!
Here are some examples of dogs with triangular head reproved in the first CAFIB APT:
So, I ask: if the OFB mentor now preferred OFB dogs, which has a triangular head and are light and slender, unlike the PURE Fila, which has a molossoid and brachycephalic head and has a postage large and heavy, who changed?
Was it the Fila Brasileiro or the mentor of the OFB?
That is, as I asked in question # 9 of the articles whose links follow below:
(*) See the 10 questions I mentioned earlier in this article at:
– Tio Chico Newsletter # 231:
– Tio Chico Newsletter # 232 https://filabrasileirochicopeltierblog.wordpress.com/2019/01/25/post-611-tio-chico-informa-no-232-os-fileiros-continuam-aguardando-respostas-do-mentor-e-do-simpatizante-do-ofb-as-10-simples-perguntas-formuladas-pelo-tio-chico-joaquim-liberato-barroso-quinz/
– Perguntem Newsletter # 185 https://filabrasileirochicopeltierblog.wordpress.com/2019/01/28/post-613-perguntem-ao-tio-chico-no-185-a-falta-de-respostas-do-mentor-do-ofb-mais-uma-nova-tese-marqueteira-por-favor-nao-se-esconda-atras-do-dr-paulo-data-28-01-19/
4. Please see below the lucid email I received from the Fila fan Cristiano Gherardi mentioned in the title of this article and which was the inspiration for the elaboration of this Uncle Chico Newsletter # 233 follows in full:
Sent on: January 28, 2019 21:13
Subject: Photo Dunga from Parnapuan, OFB and others
Dear Mr. Chico Peltier,
Looking at the photo of the Dunga Parnapuan (on OFB Facebook), which I do not know if it is reliable, and considering it absurd to be true, we see a strong but slender dog.
I looked for the photo of the FB dog named Lord, from the breeder Zé Gomes, from Varginha, Brazilian State of Minas Gerais, where we see another type of dog, which is consistent with the CAFIB Fila and the breeders of Unifila (a club which is deactivated), which is considered pure, original and with desired characteristics.
The recently presented OFB type seems to me an attempt to rescue the Slender type by mating of dogs of diverse type (Aboriginal ?, CAFIB, Unifila …).
The OFB name was unfortunate since it implicitly leads everybody to think that the other type (CAFIB) is “not original.”
Thus, decades ago, there may have been both, or even more, of Fila dogs.
I consider the Fila Brasileiro pure, selected, with fixed type, the CAFIB-Fila. Antonio could have given the name of Fila Light Dog or Fila Agile Dog, or any other…
Please continue your fight in defense of CAFIB Pure Fila.
PS. After this tragedy, there are still some 400 such dams in Minas Gerais…
Sincerely, Cristiano Gherard
Finally, I inform that having commented on our beloved Minas Gerais, Uncle Chico sympathizes with thehuman and environmental catastrophe that occurred in Brumadinho, hoping that this time impunity will not remain.
Best regards, Chico Peltier.