Uncle Chico Newsletter # 158
After all, what is the correct FB temperament registered in the notary club CBKC-FCI?
The temperament showed at the Perdices Expo in Argentina or the one showed
in Confins CBKC Expo in Brazil?
The Judge Maria Clarice Silva de Oliveira, CBRFB Coordinator,
was awkward in judging typical FB named Delano Estrela de Abraão?
My comments on this lack of definition from CBKC-FCI.
To further increase insecurity: one more mistranslation made by FCI of the
FB Standard 255 into English and Spanish
Is Mr. Raymond Triquet, one of the most important FCI translator,
aware of these serious translation mistakes ?
My dear friends,
- Expo in Argentina (Perdices city):
I was informed by friends that the dog Francisco Magic Green won Best Temper at the expo held in the city of Perdices organized by Club Fila Brasileiro Argentino, that it is an independent club not linked to the Kennel Club Argentino nor CBKC nor FCI, which was judged by CBKC judge Marisa Kanap.
And they also informed me:
– “It is important to note that many club members do not agree with Marisa Kanap’s judgment, because everyone knows that Francisco is a trained dog that does not have “ojeriza” to strangers. Meanwhile, the club respected the decision of the judge.“
– “During the expo, there were different tests. One of them consisted in leaving the dog tied to a tree. In this test the agitator (guinea pig) approached Francisco with a friendly attitude to check his “ojeriza” and Francisco allowed himself to be touched by the agitator. And this totally atypical behavior was seen by the judge. Soon after the agitator left and started the TT, Francisco became a supposed beast and attacked the agitator making a great show. It was there that Marisa gave him the Best Temperament … We understand that Mariza judged an attack, not the real and natural “ojeriza” temperament that must exist and be typical of the Fila Brasileiro. She definitely does not know how to test “ojeriza”.
– Here is the photo received that was taken in another Expo with Francisco, right in the middle with his exhibitor wearing a yellow sweatshirt:
With regard to this episode, I would like to comment:
– I am very happy that Argentine breeders still use the perfect word chosen by Dr. Paulo Santos Cruz to accurately define the Fila Brasileiro’s temperament – “ojeriza” – and not “aversion” that appears in Standard No. 225 in Portuguese and never “indifference” and “mistrust” that were used until recently by FCI in its erroneous translations of Standard No. 225 into English and Spanish, as we will see ahead.
– Two important notes: which was translated and modified in FCI last edition dated October/16 to “distancing” (?!?!?!) In this new Standard change. CAFIB is the only FB club in the word who keeps the original Dr. Paulo`s definition: “ojeriza“.
– I think it is curious that this photo above presents five adult dogs that, as I checked with Argentine breeders, are not brood brothers and were not raised together. In other words, they do not know each other !!! So strange that they are so close together and calm near each other, so docile and without the aversion and the distance determinate by CBKC+FCI Standards and without defending and respecting their own territory. There is a comment received from another Argentinian friend about this photo: “A True Fila Brasileiro would not let himself be touched, nor would he be so close to anyone or any other dog, as shown in the photo above. They should try to bite them all !!! “.
One of the highlights of this exhibition was the speech given by Argentine club president, Sebastian Iglesias, who among some statements that caused insignificant discomfort in Brazil in very few Filas and “filas” CBKC breeders, said that the Argentines want “to preserve the Fila Puro with the traditional ojeriza ... “, something that today few breeders have the courage and interest to speak in the CBKC-FCI System, even more after the implantation of the new standard.
Based on this statement, I conclude that President Iglesias prefers the temperament adopted in the CAFIB’s Breeding Philosophy, since it is the only club that in its Standard maintains the word and definition “ ojeriza“. Since in the old and new CBKC Standard the word used is “aversion” and in its translation used by the FCI to English and Spanish passed the old Standard from “indifference” and “mistrust” to “distancing” in the new Standard… (?!?!?!?!)
- Expo in Brazil (Confins city):
I was also informed by friends that at the CBKC expo held on Nov,12th.-2016 in the city of Confins, MG, judged by Maria Clarice Silva de Oliveira, Coordinator of Fila Brasileiro CBKC Council (CBRFB), the typical Brazilian Fila, Delano Estrela de Abraão, owned by Leonardo Machado, attacked this judge, as she approached without respecting the aversion and distance mentioned in the translated standard when Leonardo was showing the Fila dentition as photos below:
Leonardo pronounced via facebook in an extremely polite and respectful way, lamenting and feeling very much what happened. Coming to the point of posting:
– “I feel extremely sad about the event“.
– “I apologized personally to the judge and I did not present Delano again, because the Filas presented were being touched by the judges and having an approximation that certainly my Fila would not accept in any way! ”
– “Once again I apologize for the event!”
I think that this Leonardo reactions must be without doubt highly praised and copied. Even in similar and future cases that unfortunately I fear will occur on the CBKC-FCI´s rings. Although I understand that it follows from the CBKC-FCI‘s attempt to socialize by force and by “decree” the FB, changing its natural, original, traditional and unique characteristic and temperament of this Brazilian national breed that we inherited from Mother Nature. But off course, only if it is a real PURE Fila Brasileiro, because if is a “fila-mestizo” temperament, with or without a pedigree of FB, its temperament is unknown and unpredictable. As everyone knows, the change in the traditional temperament of the FB was modified by the miscegenation imposed on him by unscrupulous breeders and omissive leaders. Of course mestizos and mongrels dogs do not have a single and uniform characteristic temperament. They have plenty of unknown temperaments.
That is, in my understanding:
– The typical Fila Brasileiro Delano, reacted normally and according to the typical temperament of the FB breed by the CAFIB Standard, that mentions “ojeriza to strangers” and ALSO in the CBKC Standard that mentions today “aversion to strangers“. Everyone agrees that the word “ojeriza ” is extremely stronger than “aversion” but if they go to the Portuguese dictionary they will read that they are synonyms. So, the change made in the CBKC Standard years ago to try to mitigate the typical FB temperament, adapting it to the European social requirements of the FCI was innocuous for technical and semantic purposes about temperament definition;
– the FB is therefore not a docile and sociable dog towards strangers and should not be transferred to Group 9 of the CBKC, which congregates Dogs of Company, as it seems to claim the last FCI translation and very many comments on facebooks not visited, listened and evaluated by CBKC;
– Judge Maria Clarice Silva de Oliveira, despite being a CBRFB Coordinator, seems lack of experience or oversight, since she has come too close to a typical FB. Perhaps already influenced by the new CBKC + FCI FB Standard, forgetting that paper readily accepts the changes made by men. That is: the “mestizos-filas” without the correct temperament grateful for the new docile changes, but the PURE Fila Brasileiro will continue to be punished by CBKC-FCI, which prefers to register any big dog as being an authentic pure-bred FB and thus continue to increase its notary income, without making a previous dog evaluation as the APR (Suitable for Reproduction) or the traditional
Analysis of Phenotype and Temperament (APT) held by CAFIB since 1978.
This is the strong impression that Judge Maria Clarice Silva de Oliveira, despite being president of the CBRFB, still does not know or studied the new CBKC+FCI standard regarding the temperament of the FB, which maintained the definition “aversion to strangers” even though translated as a “serious fault” for English and Spanish, where the definition of “aversion” was mistakenly translated as “distance to strangers.” ???
That is, if the new CBKC and FCI Standard determine “aversion to strangers” and “distancing” do I ask these two clubs, usually omitted, if this judge proceeded correctly?
So I ask: despite the extremely civilized behavior of Leonardo Machado after the accident, what is the real responsibility of Judge Maria Clarice Silva de Oliveira who did not know the characteristic “aversion“ of the FB that “barks in Portuguese” or the “distance” of the FB that “barks in Spanish or English” ???
Therefore, I am obliged to conclude that this judge was at least extremely awkward or distracted. Or she really do not understand FB and we would not know why she coordinate the CBRFB.
I still think that the CBRFB has done nothing, does and will do nothing for the Fila Brasileiro breed, even though its most important adviser, Alexandre Bacci, understands that FB is not a purebred dog, but rather a group of mongrel, bastards and mestizos dogs. And the CBKC disrespect and disinterest for the FB is so great that this judge Bacci was not even reprimanded, expelled or had his judgments and awards canceled because, after all, the CBKC earns money selling pedigrees of purebred dogs !!! As I have said for years I think that the CBRFB is just a screen to shield the CBKC leaders with respect to the FB situation and problems. I do not know the CBRFB Counselors, Mr. Eduardo Henrique Barros Ferreira and Mr. Carlos Charalambe Panagiotidis, but if I were one of them, I would resign immediately so as not to tarnish my resume.
The Fila Brasileiro under the only notarial System CBKC-FCI will end very badly. You can write.
- The responsibility of FCI and CBKC in the two episodes above:
I understand that these two clubs confuse their breeders and members who attend their exhibitions.
- A) The new CBKC Standard nº 225, dated Oct,4th.-20/16, determines in its item “Behavior / Temperament”: “It is characterized by the aversion to strangers, being of controlled handling particularly in exhibition ring“. See http://www.cbkc.org/padroes/pdf/grupo2/filabrasileiro.pdf . Well, from what was narrated in the facebooks and in the video that I received in full, I believe that Delano had his management properly controlled by Leonardo Machado without any problem until Delano was obliged to – correctly respecting the CBKC Standard – demonstrate his “aversion to strangers” when the judge comes to close to him, who, despite being number 1 of the CBRFB, seems to me not to know the true typical FB temperament;
- B) But to confuse much more the FCI FB breeders and members this Standard nº 225 above in this item “Behavior / Temperament”: has just been translated by the FCI (see in http://www.fci.be/Nomenclature/Standards/225g02-en.pdf ) to English: “While one of its characteristics is a natural aloofness (note: as distance) towards strangers especially in its own territory, it must be susceptible to controlled handling, especially in the show ring“.
- C) And, continuing such enormous confusion, this same item of the Standard nº 225 above, was now translated by the FCI into Spanish for: “Mientras que una de sus características es un alejamiento (note: as distance) natural hacia los extraños, especialmente en su propio territorio, debe ser susceptible a la manipulación controlada, sobre todo en el ring.
In other words, my dear friends, in the last and recent translation into English and Spanish the word “aversion” has now been magically and slyly but totally misleading, translated by the FCI as” “distancing” (?!?!?!).
Do you CBKC and FCI`s System breeders and members really thinks that this translation is correct ?
I wonder when judge Maria Clarice Silva de Oliveira came too close to Delano, not respecting or inattentively forgetting the “aversion” and “distancing” determined in the currents Standards, she would not have been the real responsible for this accident ?
After all, my dear CBKC-FCI leaders, how will this temperament and behave really work in practice? Delano and Leonardo would have to dodge this judge, distancing themselves until they bump into other participants or leave the ring ?
Could you please explain this “serious fault” at least to your members who pay annuity, litter records, pedigrees, and entries to attend exhibitions?
After all, my friends, would some international dog club have the right to change the traditional, characteristic and original Temperament of a canine breed that has its origin and birth cradle in another sovereign Country?
Is Mr. Raymond Triquet, one of the most important FCI translator, aware of these serious translation mistakes ?
- In conclusion:
These “freak” translation and misapplication of the FB Standard by FCI, led to several facebook postings such as:
Camilo Buendia Lo mas triste de esta historia con el padrao 2016, los perros seran tocados acariciados y mimados en las pistas.
Erich Antunes E Andrade Parabéns! Fila de verdade!
Marcoseduardo Tavares Fila que é Fila tem que reagir mesmo, faltou bom senso à juíza.
Fernanda Aragano Eu conheço o Delano pessoalmente. Realmente é um Fila bravo, porém não sai atacando tudo o que se move, se estiver a uma distância segura.
Fabio Pereira Bueno Filho Leonardo Machado: VOCÊ NÃO TEM QUE DESCULPAR-SE! O OCORRIDO CONTIGO, FOI O PRIMEIRO CASO DE MUITOS OUTROS QUE VIRÃO, TODAS AS VÊZES QUE SE APRESENTAREM EM PISTAS DA CBKC-FCI, FILAS BRASILEIROS LEGÍTIMOS, DENTRO DO PADRÃO ORIGINAL E COM TEMPERAMENTO TÍPICO! O NÔVO PADRÃO RECÉM-MODIFICADO, INTRODUZIDO PELA CBKC-FCI, CRIA UMA NOVA RAÇA INDEVIDAMENTE APELIDADA DE “fila brasileiro”, CONSTITUÍDA POR UM BANDO DE CÃES MESTIÇOS, GRANDÕES, E BUNDÕES (COM O TEMPERAMENTO ALTERADO PARA SEREM VERDADEIROS CARNEIRINHOS), NA VERDADE LINDOS VIRA-LATÕES! SEUS FILAS BRASILEIROS CARAMONÃ, PRESERVAM AS CARACTERÍSTICAS ORIGINAIS DO FILA BRASILEIRO PURO, SELECIONADO ÁRDUAMENTE PELA NATUREZA, ATRAVÉS DE 5 SÉCULOS! OS QUAIS SÃO PRESERVADOS POR UMA MINORIA DE CRIADORES CONSCIENTES, DENTRE OS QUAIS VOCÊ SE INCLUI. COISA QUE NÃO OCORRE COM A MAIORIA DOS CRIADORES-MESTIÇADORES QUE MANTÉM SEUS PLANTÉIS DE “filas brasileiros” MESTIÇOS, ABERRAÇÕES DA RAÇA E COM TEMPERAMENTO DEGENERADO (VERDADEIROS CARNEIRINHOS). A ÁRBITRA DA CBKC, QUE SE APROXIMOU DE SEU FILA BRASILEIRO, O FÊZ, POIS ESTÁ CUMPRINDO O PROTOCOLO DA CBKC: “APROXIMAR-SE E EXAMINAR DE PERTO O CÃO, QUE DEVE PERMANECER IMPASSÍVEL”! CREIO QUE FALTOU POUCO PARA QUE ELA TOCASSE NO CÃO, EXAMINASSE A FLEXIBILIDADE DA PELE, ABRISSE COM AS MÃOS A MANDÍBULA DO MOLOSSO, E PARA EXAMINAR-LHE OS DENTES, FICASSE BEM PRÓXIMO (UNS 20 cm), PARA CONFERIR-LHE A DENTIÇÃO! NÃO ME SURPREENDERIA SE SEU CÃO TIVESSE SIDO DESCLASSIFICADO PELA ÁRBITRA, PELA ATITUDE AGRESSIVA DEMONSTRADA (OS CÃES PELO NÔVO PADRÃO CBKC-FCI TEM QUE SE DEIXAR EXAMINAR DETIDAMENTE PELOS JUÍZES, TEMPERAMENTO DE OVELHINHAS É DESEJÁVEL)! VOCÊ PROCEDEU CORRETAMENTE EM RETIRAR DA PISTA SEU FILA BRASILEIRO PURO, DAS PISTAS DA CBKC, POIS ÊLE NÃO SE ENQUADRA NO NÔVO PADRÃO DA CBKF-FCI PARA O ‘fila brasileiro” MESTIÇO E BUNDÃO. FICA A LIÇÃO! SE PRETENDER CRIAR CÃES PARA PARTICIPAR DAS FUTURAS EXPOSIÇÕES DA CBKC-FCI, TERÁ QUE REVER SEUS CONCEITOS, REFAZER TODO SEU PLANTEL DE FILAS BRASILEIROS PUROS E PRINCIPIAR CRIAR “filas brasileiros” MESTIÇOS E BUNDÕES! ESPERO QUE TAL NÃO OCORRA E VOCÊ CONTINUE SEU TRABALHO DE PRESERVAÇÃO E APRIMORAMENTO DO FILA BRASILEIRO PURO E LEGÍTIMO.
Curiously, most of the Fila and “fila” breeders who register theirs dogs in the CBKC-FCI do not care about these issues so relevant to the FB breeding. They prefer to win exhibitions, receive medals and diplomas, attend shows and sell their puppies. Especially the main breeders of these two clubs who have for years maintained their complicity with these omissions, “freaks” and inconsistencies adopted by the CBKC-FCI System. Unfortunately the Brazilian mostly thinks that whoever complains is annoying. But in developed countries, including Belgium, home of the FCI, enlightened and intelligent people always complain if their rights are not respected and abuses are committed. Even more so are those that are systematically and institutionally by traditional clubs.
That is why we have so much corruption and impunity in Brazil and abroad with serious white-collar crimes … But the times are changing for the better. However, it is good to remember that the punishment has already arrived in the CBF (Brazilian Football League) , where systematic and institutional clubs crimes were also committed and, as reported by the press, one of its leaders is imprisoned domicile in New York and its successor can not leave Brazil, for fear of being trapped outside… The same happened at FIFA (Fédération Internationale de Football Association or International Soccer Association) and others football clubs…
It is up to you, Fila and “fila” breeders of the CBKC-FCI to make their decision.
I should point out these facts, because as I have stated for more than 40 years, I worry about the preservation of Fila Brasileiro above and independent of clubs.
To conclude: I suggest reading my article on the FB Standards in https://filabrasileirochicopeltierblog.wordpress.com/2014/06/10/post-189-ask-uncle-chico-73-uncle-chico-how-many-fila-standards-do-you-know-there-is-a-paulo-santos-cruz-standard-sent-jun-10th-2-014/
Best regards, Chico Peltier.
Note: as I have always done with all emails sent in the past, this was also sent primarily to those responsible for FCI + CBKC
Nota: como sempre fiz com todos os emails que enviei no passado, este também foi encaminhado primeiramente para os responsáveis pela FCI + CBKC