Ask Uncle Chico No. 64
Another class by Americo Cardoso dos Santos Jr. — Do you know an Atypical Fila breed in CAFIB? I doubt it! — CBKC + FCI: Great Dane in the origin of the Fila? I doubt it! Just another desperate attempt to validate the “black fila” that is only accepted by these two clubs, but not in Unifila and CAFIB. I doubt it! — SPFB is the successor of the Fila Brasileiro Club Paulista? Yes.
208. Please find below answer done by Americo Cardoso dos Santos Jr., founder of CAFIB, to a question about Fila colors, received from Jan Kubesa, CAFIB representative of the Czech Republic, CAFIB judge and president of Club Onceiro in that country:
Thank you for the Quasar descendants photos. Regarding your questions about Fila colors, the breed Standard says that hues (color gradations) of yellow may range from (“baio”) buckskin coat (which is the lighter shade yellow) to red (which is the most intense tone) are accepted. It also says that in all these brands there can also be present a grayish shade, and it adds as well, that the ears may be black and there can also be a black mask. The coat of these dogs that have this sort of gray shade is often called smoky “baia” or yellow smoky (or smokey). It is important to remember that Brazil is a country with vast territory, which results in a variety of cultures, cuisines, customs, accents and regional expressions. In several regions, the brindle fur of dogs and cattle is popularly called “rajada” (stripped, similar to brindle), “brasina” (similar to fire coal) or “araça”. “Araça” is the name of a fruit produced by a plant called “araçazeiro”. In many places, in fact, the popular terms “black vinegar” and “gray champagne” are also used. I had never heard the word “cigar” to designate any shade of coat. The term “mineiro brindle” (“mineiro” means to be natural from the Brazilian State of Minas Gerais) does not have a technical nature, it is not even used by CAFIB judges. It is actually used by the “mineiros” to designate the brindle fur considered the most typical, where the stripes are well defined and well spaced. The light gray / silver is currently very unusual, but appeared more often years ago, primarily in Filas from the ancient lineages from Kennels Parnapuan and Jaguara. On the other hand the color called “Isabel” was extensively mentioned in ancient classics of Brazilian literature to describe a certain coat of horses. It is (literally) a “dirty” white because the name of this shade was originally inspired by the Austrian princess Isabel Carla Eugenia, during a period of sieges and battles, who spent months without changing her dress and underwear, which were originally in white color.
A big hug, Americo.
Note: My tanks to Olegário Bretas (Canil São José da Lapa – MG) who translated Americo`s answer.
209. Uncle Chico, do you know any Atypical Fila breed by CAFIB?
Dear friend, I do not know any Atypical Fila in the CAFIB squad. Especially because these dogs are disqualified by the CAFIB Analyses of Phenotype and Temperament (AFT). You can read about the importance of the AFT in English by clicking http://www.filabrasileirochicopeltier.com.br/fila-brasileiro-filas.html . As far as my knowledge goes, CAFIB is the only Fila club that makes this kind of strict control (AFT). The SPFB and/or the ” Fila Brasileiro CBKC Council” (CBRFB) while Roberto Sene was its president tried unsuccessfully to institute the APR (Apt for Reproduction, ie, a certificate of approval for breeding). But suffice to say that some breeders afraid of having their dogs disapproved in such examination tried to invent a kind of “Optional-APR” (see in http://www.filabrasileirochicopeltier.com.br/novos/30_116/materia.html ). Ie, is the famous “fool me because I like”, so common in the culture and habits of Brazilians. But that does not work in the case of breeding a Purebreed dog, which has a predetermined Standard and accepts no mestizos / mix breeders dogs. Alias FCI, and therefore CBKC, also should not accept mestizos / mix breeders dogs because its Regulation is very clear concerning breeding, registration and exhibition of purebred dogs only. Ie: no mongrels!!!
Just read in FCI Status “Article 2 – Objectives” clicking http://www.fci.be/uploaded_files/97-2009-annex1-en.pdf . Ie, many people mistakenly believe they are very important Fila breeders, use to say that they own great champions, buy a lot of propaganda and advertising in magazines, post lots of pictures on the Facebooks, but are actually just breeders of a “mestizos” or even Brazilian Mastiffs (just click in English http://www.filabrasileirochicopeltier.com.br/novos/pergunte_chico_3/materia_eng.html ) .
But if you know the existence of some Atypical Fila in the CAFIB squad, please send me some photos of these dogs informing me where you obtained them (example: from which kennel, website or Facebook) and let me know the CAFIB number of CA or RO. I ask this information because it is common for NAM `s (Neo Apologists of Miscegenation) stated that a particular dog was approved in a CAFIB AFT or even simply “this dog is a CAFIB one” but in fact never was … I am sure that if there is a single Atypical Fila in CAFIB, we are aware that such dog needs to be away from our squad. Unlike other clubs, CAFIB and Unifila has no commitment to the error…
But remember: in CAFIB – as in all canine, equine or bovine clubs – animals of inferior quality can be found, but never atypical animals and, much less, mestizos. And even less the so-called “freak-fila”…
Important: I would like to take this opportunity to clarify that the pictures available on the web are legally considered in the public domain, especially for a site (http://www.filabrasileirochicopeltier.com.br/) and a blog (https://filabrasileirochicopeltierblog.wordpress.com/) educational and instructive as mine. Brazilian law permits this use, then you need not to worry about this fact.
210. Uncle Chico it is true that CBKC, with support from the FCI, was trying to enter in the formation of the origin of Fila, the Great Dane ? Some breeders are saying to me that this “crazy” allegation would be an attempt aimed in order to validate the “black-fila” – from illegal miscegenation of Pure Filas with black Great Danes – whose records and pedigrees are in CBKC and FCI Stud Books, but that neither CBKC or FCI, nor its affiliated clubs, can explain. Do you believe in this “madness”?
No, I do not believe.
Sergio Castro, president of CBKC and Rafael Santiago, president of the FCI, are not directly involved in the mix-breeding, unlike other leaders of CBKC and FCI. So neither of them will soil their history with a disastrous invention like this. Both inherited the very serious problem of Fila miscegenation of his predecessors and, unfortunately, not yet learned how to administer it and solve it. Despite having received numerous, serious and viable solutions. Even the journalist and all rounder CBKC judge, Paulo Godinho, suggested in his book the organization of the Black-fila Breed, i.e., a part of the Fila Brasileiro Breed (*). Or received from myself, as I have simply suggested the organization of Mastin Brasileiro Breed in his Varieties 4 (read in English by clicking http://www.filabrasileirochicopeltier.com.br/novos/pergunte_chico_3/materia_eng.html ).
(*) Note: read on page 368 of the Paulo Godinho`s book: “Nothing is more mestizo / mix breed than a “black-fila” …”.
I think Sergio Castro and Rafael Santiago will never sign nonsense like this. I do not see these two presidents changing and reinventing the Fila Brasileiro History as use to happen in totalitarian countries that change their history to validate their mistakes. Certainly this news must come from breeders or advocates of so-called “black-fila” or people who do not like Fila Brasileiro.
1. CAFIB ever bothered with the origin of Fila, understanding that this is totally
lost and unreachable lies in the very distant past;
2. Most breeders recognize that the Fila were found with his temperament and
phenotype characteristic in the South of the Brazilian State of Minas Gerais.
So Brazilian inherited this wonderful dog from Mother Nature,
who was responsible for shaping this great canine specimen;
3. CAFIB, soon after its foundation, started travelling to the interior of Brazil, principally the South Minas Gerais in search of Pure Fila. Thus CAFIB began the formation of its squad. That is, unlike many members of the former BKC and Clube Paulista do Fila Brasileiro, forerunner of SPFB, who based his breeding on mestizos with Fila pedigree, as can be read in http://www.filabrasileirochicopeltier.com.br/9-Documentos-ate-1979/9-24.jpg ;
4. In my article entitled “Study on the Formation of Fila: The 4th Element,” published November/77 in the magazine Animal & Veterinary, (see http://www.filabrasileirochicopeltier.com.br/6-Documentos-de-1977/6_17/materia.html and in English http://www.filabrasileirochicopeltier.com.br/17-INGLES-FILA-BRASILEIRO/6.18.jpg ) I clearly demonstrate why I believe that the origin of the Fila formation it is a subject lost in time, so unreachable. Still show as cross-breeder in the past tried to invent various different theories that only defended their illegal mix-breeding and their “filas-mestizos”;
5. Paulo Godinho in his exceptional book “Fila – A Gift from the Stars“, which was sponsored by CBKC, (to acquire it just click on HTTP://blogdopaulogodinho.blogspot.com or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org) also reports with refinement of detail many fantastic histories that prove to be the South of Minas Gerais the birthplace of the origin of the Fila;
5. By the way, the journalist Paulo Godinho did not lost his time to mention in his book the false thesis invented by João Batista Gomes, former president of the Club Paulista do Fila Brasileiro (see photos of João Batista with his English Mastiff by clicking http://www.filabrasileirochicopeltier.com.br/fotos/1843.jpg ), SPFB predecessor, who intended to validate the mix-breeding of Filas with English Mastiff, claiming that Fila would be a descendant of the Fila Terceirense, which in turn would be the “poor cousin” of his Shakespearean relative, the English Mastiff .. . Much less Paulo Godinho wasted his time with another false theory invented by Procópio do Valle, also known as the “The Father of Black-fila” (see by clicking http://www.filabrasileirochicopeltier.com.br/fotos/1816.jpg ), which in his turn tried to sell the idea that Fila had in its formation and origin the Dogue de Force Rare. Both theses obviously do not present any prove or at least simple evidences, since does not show any documents or evidence that these dogs were sometime in Brazil.
6. Incidentally, this pseudo theory that preaches via the Dogue de Force Rare the existence of the Great Dane in the origin of the Fila has been unmasked even mathematically because the 10 “black-filas” mentioned by Procópio do Valle in his pseudo thesis were actually only 6, with a huge and extreme consanguineous, which curiously does not generate any black color descendant for 26 years, and then started to appear magical and mysteriously in the Kennel Kirimaua located in Juiz de Fora. Precisely the kennel owned by Procópio do Valle himself … Just read and study the menu of my site entitled “Black-fila x Pure Fila” clicking http://www.filabrasileirochicopeltier.com.br/7.html . I also suggest reading http://www.filabrasileirochicopeltier.com.br/novos/30_7/materia_eng.html and http://www.filabrasileirochicopeltier.com.br/22-fila-brasileiro-3ENG.html .
In conclusion, one more distasteful “story” invented to protect stocks of “filas-mestizos” produced outside the law and with the approval of former BKC, as explicitly and openly admitted by its former president, Eugenio Henrique Pereira de Lucena, in a letter handed to Christopher Habig, former vice president of the FCI (read in English https://filabrasileirochicopeltierblog.wordpress.com/2012/08/25/post-n-33-the-importance-of-chris-habig-sent-aug-24th-2012/ ) and myself addressed to Molosser Magazine of Germany (see by clicking http://www.filabrasileirochicopeltier.com.br/10-Documentos-de-1980-a-1983/10-14.jpg ); as well in the book of Antonio Carlos Linhares Borges (see the original by clicking http://www.filabrasileirochicopeltier.com.br/11-Documentos-1984-ate/11_20a/materia.html and its translation in http://www.filabrasileirochicopeltier.com.br/novos/11_20/materia_eng.html ).
You can write: I doubt Sergio Castro and Rafael Santiago sign a stupidity like this!
211. Uncle Chico, why you said that SPFB is the successor of the Clube Paulista do Fila Brasileiro, which had as its most influential president João Batista Gomes, who raised English Mastiff (see by clicking http://www.filabrasileirochicopeltier.com.br/fotos/1843.jpg , http://www.filabrasileirochicopeltier.com.br/8-Documentos-de-1978/8-21-A.jpg and http://www.filabrasileirochicopeltier.com.br/9-Documentos-ate-1979/9-24.jpg )?
Well, because this information is written in the SBFB own site. Just click “Club History” on the link http://www.spfilabrasileiro.com.br/historia-clube.php and read: “SPFB joined the CBKC as a successor to replace the old Clube Paulista do Fila Brasileiro, inheriting their rights and obligations to CBKC / FCI“. And again: “The old Clube Paulista do Fila Brasileiro (CPFB), became inactive, then the Fila Brasileiro Breed started to be represented in the State of São Paulo by Sociedade Paulista do Fila Brasileiro – SPFB“.
How I use to say, Fila breeders should get used to read and study. With the advent of the web all this information is available to everyone. Just be interested and not be afraid to question old dogmas and fallacies from the past (read in English https://filabrasileirochicopeltierblog.wordpress.com/2012/11/10/post-52-uncle-chico-newsletter-no-6-the-great-consolidation-of-truth-best-and-worst-of-2011-sent-dez-9th-2-011/ ).
Suffice to say that we have at disposition of all breeder, judges and leaders the CAFIB site (http://www.cafibbrasil.com.br/cafib_historico.html ) with masterpiece articles, such as, “How to distinguish a Pure Fila from a Mestizo” authored by Dr. Paulo Santos Cruz (see in http://www.filabrasileirochicopeltier.com.br/8-Documentos-de-1978/8_30/materia.html ); ), “The Course” also authored by Dr. Paul; the exceptional Americo Cardoso article explaining what it is and how works the CAFIB Analysis of Phenotype and Temperament (see in English by clicking http://www.filabrasileirochicopeltier.com.br/fila-brasileiro-filas.html ); the newspaper “O FILA” edited by our founder Luiz Antonio Maciel (see in http://www.cafibbrasil.com.br/jornal-o-fila/index.html ); we have the book by Ines Van Damme (see in http://www.filabrasileirochicopeltier.com.br/11-Documentos-1984-ate/11-19a.jpg and http://www.filabrasileirochicopeltier.com.br/11-Documentos-1984-ate/11-19b.jpg ); and Paulo Godinho`s book (see in English https://filabrasileirochicopeltierblog.wordpress.com/2013/12/15/post-no-144-uncle-chico-newsletter-55-paulo-godinho-thank-you-for-your-certificate-of-veracity-general-report-on-book-fb-a-gift-from-the-stars/ ) that expose the truth about miscegenation and the terrible failures of BKC, CBKC and FCI, and also my website (http://www.filabrasileirochicopeltier.com.br/) Digite um texto ou endereço de um site ou traduza um documento.
Você quis dizer: e o do Paulo Godinho ( video em português ,
with over a thousand documents and over 400 photos and my blog (https://filabrasileirochicopeltierblog.wordpress.com/ ) with more than 150 articles and hundreds of photos.
Ie: just keeps breeding mix-breeders-filas, mestizos or mongrels with pedigree, who so wish !!!
Note: as I have always done with all emails sent in the past, this was also sent primarily to those responsible for FCI (located in Belgium) + CBKC; and also to FCI (located in Spain)
Nota: como sempre fiz com todos os emails que enviei no passado, este também foi encaminhado primeiramente para os responsáveis pela FCI (da Bélgica) + CBKC; e para a FCI (da Espanha).
Best regards, Chico Peltier.